Welcome to a new year in the NEW Douglas Community Garden!
You may have noticed the Douglas Community Garden getting a facelift! Thanks to a grant from The Whole Kids Foundation (of Whole Foods), we have been re-building and re-imagining its possibilities. The Douglas staff are busy hauling new dirt and planting fall veggies to get it started (go teachers!) – watch the garden for progress and growth in the coming weeks!
Meanwhile, we hope to create a great “garden community” in addition to a great community garden. How you (students and parents) can help now:
- Cheer on your teachers! Tell them how great the garden is looking and thank them for their hard work (Seriously. They wheelbarrowed soil across campus in heat and humidity!)
- Ask them which garden box is theirs and what they have growing. Check the progress and share what you notice.
- Join the Garden Club (for students)
- Join the Green Dragons Committee (for parents and students)
- Offer to help or volunteer in other ways
We’re looking forward to a great fall season!